My name is Wright Harrison, and I am a plant-based chef, amateur athlete, and I want to be a good steward of our environment.
Like many, I am concerned about the future of our planet and the effects of global climate change.
One of the most impactful choices we can make is through the foods that we eat.
We have the power, tools, and knowledge to live healthy, vibrant lives while minimizing our individual contributions to greenhouse gas emissions through the foods we eat.
I understand the connection between the environment and how food is prepared.
Qualifications & Experience
- Culinary Institute of America, Associate of Occupational Studies – Culinary Arts
- University of Virginia, Bachelor of Arts – Environmental Science
- University of Richmond, Masters – Human Resources Management
- Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate – T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies & eCornell
- ServSafe Manager Food Safety Certificate – National Restaurant Education Foundation
- Motivational Interviewing Training – National Board of Certified Counselors
Let’s Work Together.
What is a custom culinary experience?
I work with individuals and small groups to develop programming that reflects personal traditions and food memories while applying plant-based cooking techniques.
Where’s the beef?
There’s no meat here. But you will learn to create flavorful and filling meals that you can enjoy easily during the work week or impress your friends at a weekend BBQ.
What is for dinner?
Enjoying whole, plant-based foods can be interesting and familiar. Anything is possible!
To get an idea of the kinds of foods you, too, can enjoy, explore the Green Being Blog. It is filled with interesting information and plant-based recipes to try.