- 1 block firm tofu, drained, excess liquid pressed out, and loosely broken apart
- 1 – 2 Tbl. Tofu Scramble Spice Mix
- Vegetables: What’s in the fridge? Broccoli, kale, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms….? Choose and prepare enough to proportionally make sense for the amount of tofu used.
Remove the block of tofu from its package and use a bar towel to quickly absorb any excess liquid from the tofu.
Make 1-inch slices and pat them dry.
Gently pull the tofu apart into a mixing bowl. It should have the texture of scrambled eggs.
Add the spice mix.
If using raw vegetables, begin making the scramble with these first. Select an order of operations that is appropriate for each.
For example, sauté cremini mushrooms first, browning them before adding sliced scallions and lightly seasoning with salt and pepper.
Add the tofu and gently toss them in the pan so that the ingredients may incorporate.
Allow the spices to lightly toast in the pan. Then add spinach or chopped roasted broccoli.
Taste and season as needed.
Tofu Scramble Spice Mix
- 2 Tbl. Ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Dried herb (e.g. Italian seasoning, marjoram, oregano, dried green onions, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Black Salt (Kala namak)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
Measure and combine ingredients. Label and store for later use.